Recipe: Hot Dog and Kimchi Soup
When I was growing up, I loved hot dogs and anything very spicy. My Mom always tried to get me to like kimchi, but I refused. She started making me this soup and so began my love for kimchi.
- 1 cup Kimchi
- 2 potatoes Potatoes (any type), diced
- 3 or more Hebrew National Hot Dog cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 spoonful Korean Chili Pepper Pates (Called "Gochujang 고추장")
- 1 spoonful Korean soybean or miso paste (Called "Doenjang 된장")
- 3-4 Chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 2-3 cups Water
Alison Lea Bender is a multi-hyphenate who defies conventional categorization and refuses to be pigeonholed. Some have called her the voice of a generation, some have called her a dangerous threat to society, but most of us just call her "my friend." She has most recently torn up the New York stage in Thelma and Louise: Dyke Remix and is a three-time headliner of We So Hapa. Find her at @alisonleabender on IG and Twitter.