Hapa Mag is looking for an Assistant Editor to join our team!
We’re looking for someone to help edit each upcoming issue of Hapa Mag. They will work side-by-side with our current editor, as well as our Editor-In-Chief in unifying the voice of Hapa Mag. Candidate must be collaborative, a team-player, and invested in the mission of Hapa Mag.
- Editing articles, listicles, and all digital content related to each Issue of Hapa Mag.
- Working with our current Editor to unify the content and voice of Hapa Mag, while also maintaining the individual voice of each writer.
- Ability to attend quarterly meetings, either in-person or via Skype/Google Hangouts
- Enjoys a collaborative, creative process
- Excellent communication skills, both in-person, and via email or text.
- Experience editing online digital content.
- Attention to detail and a love of words and grammer
- Comfortable using Google Drive
- Comfortable with tight deadlines.
- A deep understanding/passion for promoting the AAPI/Hapa Voice
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out through our Contact page.
This is a volunteer position. Should we monetize, this will become a paid position.
About Hapa Mag:
Hapa Mag is an online quarterly magazine that focuses on the lifestyles and voices of people who are mixed race Asians. Our content ranges from health, beauty, arts and entertainment, politics and more. (Being Hapa is not necessary for this position.)